Stylish Portfolio

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Eco-Friendly Dessert Table


So last week I go a call from a former student (from my previous career in higher ed) to help him with a conference he was planning.  The conference theme is People, Planet, Profit with a focus on how business leaders can guide their companies to be more eco-friendly while still making a profit.  Afterall, businesses need to make money.

The student did an amazing job of assembling a panel of executives who lead successful eco- conscious companies, got a local bakery to donate 300 cupcakes, and convinced me to donate my services to style a dessert table for him.   He had me with the theme!  This would be a challenge to me too.......my task was to create an eco-friendly dessert table with natural elements, environmentally friendly, with reusable and recyclable vessels on a very small budget and of course, it had to look fabulous.    Bring it on!

pics courtesy of Merryl Brown Events: Green Gala 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment