Stylish Portfolio

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Whoopie Pies!!!

picture courtesy of 100 Layer Cake

Today's post is dedicated to whoopie pies!  I love whoopie pies, despite the fact that I didn't discover them until my husband came along and introduced them me.  I made these lovely little whoopie pies for my Thanksgiving dessert table last year and also made them as hostess gifts for the Holiday season.  They were a hit!

So this year I'm including them again.....gingerbread whoopie pies with lemon creme filling and chocolate with vanilla creme will join my dessert table along with red velvet cake truffles, mini apple pie lollies, and of course, cupcakes!  Oh no,  hope my friend Kurt doesn't see this post, I just remembered I owe him a batch.  Can you believe he has never had one!!!!!!!

I usually make mine from scratch and love this recipe I found in The Washington Post last year,  but here is an easy recipe that includes a cake mix that I think taste pretty yummy!
Picture courtesy of 100 Layer Cake
If you'd like to try other flavors, here is a link to 9 whoopie pie recipes that are sure to make you drool!

No comments:

Post a Comment